From its wineries and coastline in the south, to its deserts in the remote north, South Australia is a state of contrasts. Find out about Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre, how it can transform from a brittle salt lake into a wetland. Discover how the early colony of South Australia managed to develop without the benefit of having convict labourers, then read about the exploits of the explorers who crossed deserts to find a route to the north of the continent.
- Aboriginal history and culture
- Maps, timelines, statistics
- Historic illustrations
- Covers geography, history, economics, government
- Biographies of notable people
- Australian Primary Curriculum