From the red desert landscapes in the south, to the lush tropics of the north, the Northern Territory has vast areas of spectacular wilderness. The World Heritage sites of Kakadu and Uluru are iconic locations, recognised around the world as symbols of Australia. Read about the history of the Northern Territory, its economy and its path to self-government. Then find out why camels were so important in the territory's early development.
- Aboriginal history and culture
- Maps, timelines, statistics
- Historic illustrations
- Covers geography, history, economics, government
- Biographies of notable people
- Australian Primary Curriculum